Join the Alt Money Choices Challenge!
Charis wasn’t always the best with money. After constantly overextending her finances, she found herself in an underwater mortgage and over $36,000 in student loan debt. After she and her husband got married, their combined debt totaled over $350,000.
Seven years later, Charis and her husband Justin are completely debt-free, with the exception of their mortgage. In just 11 months, Charis was able to pay off $27,000 of her remaining student loan debt, attributing it to what she calls “Alt Money Choices.” By creating a journal and making different choices with money, she was able to save over $12,000 by using coupons, choosing a less expensive option, or not spending the money at all. As she journaled her progress, she realized that small savings really does add up big over time.
- How small choices can really add up
- Why changing your money habits has a big impact over time
- Charis’ strategy for paying off $27,000 of debt in 11 months
- How to make saving money fun
- The science of making better choices
- Money mentalities that separate the rich from everyone else
- Simple steps you can take to save thousands